Sunday, November 14, 2010

Charlemagne (768–814 A.D.)


Q: Charlemagne, what happened to your brother, how did you become ruler of your entire kingdom?
A: Well, when my father, King Pepin, died my brother and I became king’s of the franks, the land was split in half for us, but I got the bigger half of the kingdom, so my brother and I got into fights and one day he woke up dead, and I became ruler of the entire kingdom.

Q: What made your empire so special?
I wanted to re-create the roman empire, so I expanded from the Elbe River in the northeast to south of the Pyrenees in the southwest and from the North Sea to southern Italy. I enjoyed art and poetry, and i helped bring back some of that back to the ‘Holy roman empire’.
Q: Why were you important?
A: I was important because he expanded the holy roman empire.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment